Saturday, January 5, 2019

Sell It To Me!

Let's get cooking for tomorrow's playoff game against the Eagles. Five Bears have been selected for the 2019 Pro Bowl. They are Khalil Mack, Akiem Hicks, Eddie Jackson, Kyle Fuller and Tarik Cohen. 

I've not yet cooked for Akiem Hicks so let's do this. Hicks is from Sacremento. He says his worst job was wrangling shopping carts at WinCo Foods. He is not a fan of people who don't put the cards in the corral so be forewarned Bears fans.

Hicks ran into trouble early when recruiting violations at LSU made him ineligible to play in any US college program. He decided to take a job at a Direct TV call center in Colorado while deciding his next move which was to continue college and play football in Canada. 

It's unlikely he was the guy I talked with when I couldn't get a Bears game on  TV. I was informed the appropriate channel wasn't in my package. After repeating several times I wanted to be able to view the channel without the person understanding, I loudly said "Sell it to me!".

After a few years playing college ball in Canada, Hicks returned to Louisiana to play for the Saints. In 2015 he was traded to the Patriots and moved to the Bears in 2016.

Are you sensing a cajun vibe? We'll see tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment